There are various toolbars available. These can be hidden/shown through View->Toolbar menu.
- File New - Creates a new empty window. Files can then be loaded into the new scene via the File/Load button
- File Open - Launches the MFC file browser. Use this to find and open a model
- Copy - Copies the contents of the current (top) MDI window to the Windows clipboard
- Print - Prints the contents of the current (top) MDI window via the Windows system printer
- Zoom to Extents - Resets the camera to view the entire scene
- Orbit - Use the mouse to interactively orbit the camera
- Pan - Use the mouse to interactively pan the camera in the active view
- Zoom - Use the mouse to interactively change the camera field (Zoom in or out)
- Walk - Use the mouse to interactively "walk" inside the scene
- Zoom to Window - Use the mouse to define a new camera view field
- Select By Single Click - Use the mouse to select HOOPS entities
- Select by Window - Use the mouse to define a window to select HOOPS entities
- Shaded - Sets the rendermode to Shaded
- Hiddenline - Sets the rendermode to Hiddenline
- Wireframe - Sets the rendermode to Wireframe
- Annotation - Create a text annotation. After clicking on this button, click on an object in the scene to which annotation is to be attached. Move the mouse and click again and begin typing your text annotation. Press 'Enter' to complete. You can also click on the annotation and drag it to relocate it.
- Measure Distance - Interactively query the distance between two points on the Model.
- Create Cutting Plane - Each button creates a cutting plane in one of the three major axis and inserts it in the scene. Clicking again removes the cutting plane. Holding Down [SHIFT] while clicking on th button while the cutting plane is active removes the handles from the plane. Use the mouse to interactively rotate/pan the cutting plane to see the sections of models in various planes.
- Query Model- Interactively query the geometry and topology in the scene.
- Test Performance - Animates the model in the scene to test the performance. Displays the information about the performance (in frames/second) achieved.
- Segment Browser - A shortcut to bring up the segment browser.
- Options Dialog - A shortcut to bring up the Options Dialog.
Object Tools Toolbar:
- Translate Object - Allows you to translate the selected objects around the scene. If no object is selected the object under the cursor is automatically choosen.This operator uses a sophisticated new algorithm in HOOPS/3dGS which allows for objects to be interactively moved throughout the scene regardless of the complexity of the scene. By design only bodies can be translated.
- Rotate Object - Interactively rotate the currently selected geometry or the object under the current cursor position. Note, the operator only works on the first element in the selection list.
- Clash Detection - Highlights object that clash with the currently selected object..
- Freehand Markup - Use this tool to draw free-hand markups in the scene. Click the left mouse button and drag.
- Rectangle Markup - Use this tool to draw rectangular markups in the scene. Click the left mouse button and drag.
- Circle Markup - Use this tool to draw circular markups in the scene. Click the left mouse button and drag.
- Text Markup - Use this tool to insert text markups in the scene.
- Save/Restore Markup 1,2 -Pressing any of these buttons for the first time the application will store the markup data and current camera position and associate it to that button. Clicking on the button at any later time in your session will cause the application to re-position your view at the saved camera position with the markup data restored. To erase a saved camera position hold down the [SHIFT] key while clicking on the button.
- Loop Animation- Toggle button that determines if animation loops to the beginning after a complete cycle
- Rewind Animation - Rewinds Animation to beginning
- Play/Pause - Toggle button that plays or pauses the current animation
- Animation Slider - Use this slider to quickly skip to any part of the animation
- -/+ - Increment/Decrement Animation by one tick
Standard Views Toolbar:
- Front - Sets the camera in the active view to the front of the object.
- Back - Sets the camera in the active view to the back of the object.
- Top - Sets the camera in the active view to the top of the object.
- Bottom - Sets the camera in the active view to the bottom of the object.
- Right - Sets the camera in the active view to the right of the object.
- Left - Sets the camera in the active view to the left of the object.
- Isometric - Sets the camera in the active view to show the object in isometric position.
There are also a number of HOOPS settings that can be toggled by clicking on the right mouse button. They are:
- Selection Level - Allows user to toggle the selection level on the active view.
- Visibility - Allows user to toggle on/off the visibility of HOOPS geometry.
- Render Mode - Allows user to switch between all the major HOOPS render modes.
- Text - Allows user to control the settings applied to text within the scene.
These features are explained in detail in the following sections.