The HOOPS Communicator binaries are supported on the following 64-bit operating systems:
- Windows Server 2012 and newer
- CentOS 6.9 and newer
- Ubuntu 14.04 and newer
- macOS 10.14 and newer, XCode 12.2 (LLVM)
Windows users: Please be sure to download the Windows Redistributables below.
If you are interested in support for other 64-bit operating systems please contact us.
These hardware recommendations apply to systems running the Server-Side Renderer.
Recommended HardwareProcessor: Quad Core or better
Memory: 16GB minimum
Graphics Hardware: Performance is highly dependent on model complexity. We recommend using NVIDIA Geforce GTX or NVIDIA GRID GPUs.
Important Note: On Linux platforms, most desktop graphics devices will work for development purposes; however, the HOOPS Communicator team highly recommends using NVIDIA devices and drivers for server deployments.
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Ubuntu 14.04 Server Edition
See our platform setup pages for hints on how to prepare various computing environments for HOOPS Communicator:
- Amazon Linux (Amazon EC2 GPU Instance) [hardware accelerated graphics]
- Generic Linux Server
- Ubuntu 14.04 Server Edition (Amazon EC2 GPU Instance) [hardware accelerated graphics]
- Ubuntu 14.04 Server Edition (Physical machine) [hardware accelerated graphics]
- Ubuntu 14.04 Server Edition (Virtual Machine)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 / Windows Server 2008 R2 (Amazon EC2 GPU instance) [hardware accelerated graphics]
Amazon EC2 RecommendationsMicrosoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Base
Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS
Important Note: When using Amazon for Server Side Rendering, ensure that the g2 instance type (backed by physical GPU) is selected when the instance is being created.
Depending on your configuration, the following redistributable packages may be required in order to use HOOPS Communicator on the Windows operating system:
- Visual C++ 2010 64-bit redistributables
- Visual C++ 2012 64-bit redistributables
- Visual C++ 2013 64-bit redistributables
- Visual C++ 2015 64-bit redistributables
- Visual C++ 2017 64-bit redistributables
In order to use HOOPS Communicator in a Linux environment, your system must meet the following requirements:
- glibc: 2.17 or greater.
- libstdc++: from GCC 4.8.3 or later.
The Web Viewer works on the following browsers:
|Windows||Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, MS Edge|
|Mac||Chrome, Firefox, Safari 8|
|iOS 11+||Chrome, Safari|